Lucky EWE!

Lucky EWE!
Give A Kid A Sheep...And Watch The Magic Happen!

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Shear Happiness

2nd Annual True Buddy Therapeutic Sheep Show
Sarpy County Fair 2011
My daughter's True Buddy experience: I had my reservations about sheep club when I first heard about it, I have never really been around farm animals and didn't think it would have much effect on Noelle. Boy was I shocked the first night of sheep club, it was amazing to see how excited Noelle was to be around the sheep and the other kids. I remember sitting filling out the papers when the girls took Noelle around the building to start dressing the sheep. One of the girls came back within minutes, stating she thought Noelle was scared and upset by the sheep and the activities, it was the exact opposite....her scream and body flairs were of pure excitement and joy. I remember thinking I just have to stay and watch....She reached out to pet the sheep without being asked...that NEVER happens, she would look and respond to the girls in which were her "buddies", which was strange for her because she doesn't normally interact well with strangers. She reached out and held the rope to lead the sheep with no problem, she never wants to hold on to anything especially for any length of time. Since that first night I saw Noelle enjoy each and every day of sheep club, she tried things I never thought she would (like put her hands in the bucket of cold soapy water and then actually scrub the sheep!!!)  She enjoyed the companionship from the buddies and enjoyed her time away from mom. I think she really felt a part of the group. Noelle has learned to stand with little support since last year and even learned to make her kid walker go a little on her own, I will be interested to see if leading the sheep will be motivation to get her feet moving this year. Thanks for all you do!

No comments: